Sunday, December 11, 2016

Getting ready to run in 2017!!

Well I am embarking on a new venture, I am going to be a coach for Girls on the run at my school.  I am hoping to get my daughter to join and we will run a 5k at the end of this.

 I am starting by reading and gathering my tools to do this.  Starting with reading, on the why and how so that I don't hurt myself.  I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and I need to protect my joints.

  First purchase was a pair of real running shoes.  It took 90 minutes, lots of try ons and the help of an awesome local running store, Big Peach Running in Suwanee, GA.  Kermit was the clerk and he truly made me feel like I have the best shoes for me!  Plus awesome feeling socks!  Next will be some running pants/tights for the cold weather and a jacket.  Will have to do some research on that.

 More reading.  There is an app, couch to 5k that I will download.  Coaches me when to walk and run, takes 13 weeks to get me 5k ready.  😆

As a coach I need to take the official training in January.  There is a curriculum, I mean the club is at school, but it is all done for us, or so I am told.  More reading.  😁

Don't have the start date yet so I plan on starting this walk/run training when winter break starts, December 22.  I hope the club starts in January.  Actually excited to do this, I have some weight to drop so this better help!!  I want to be 30 pounds down by my birthday in March.  Early March.  Gulp, I said that outloud didn't I?!?  Well it is out there, so make sure to ask me!!

Well back to my Sunday and reading.  And watching Diners, drive-ins and dives.  😇

No comments:

Post a Comment